[rules-users] News from the community - 5.6.0.CR1 is out!

[rules-users] News from the community - 5.6.0.CR1 is out!

Davide Sottara
Finally Drools 5.6.0.CR1 community edition has been released!

It has been mainly a community effort, driven by the use of Drools in
several applications and research projects,
but it was possible thanks to the collaboration of the main developer's
team and the help of everybody
who reported bugs, asked for new features and contributed with patches
or additions.

5.6 consolidates and finalizes the 5.x series. It comes with a number of
bug fixes and a still experimental,
but much more robust, second generation trait system - I will blog and
document it as soon as I can find
a moment next week.

The release is "candidate" to allow for some broader testing by the
community without requiring to download
and compile the code. If no major issues are reported, it will become
Final in a few weeks.

Let's keep sharing, looking forward to even more exciting innovations in
the 6.x series!

Best
Davide

Re: [rules-users] News from the community - 5.6.0.CR1 is out!

manstis

Great work Davide.

This shows the power of the community!

Sent on the move

On 1 Nov 2013 21:05, "Davide Sottara" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Mark Proctor
Davide,

Thank you for al your hard work on this. It’s great when community people step up to help drive the project forward.

The core team won’t have time for any final QAing of this, so it’s up to the community to test this and make sure it’s ok.

Good luck :)

Mark
On 1 Nov 2013, at 21:04, Davide Sottara <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Finally Drools 5.6.0.CR1 community edition has been released!
>
> It has been mainly a community effort, driven by the use of Drools in
> several applications and research projects,
> but it was possible thanks to the collaboration of the main developer's
> team and the help of everybody
> who reported bugs, asked for new features and contributed with patches
> or additions.
>
> 5.6 consolidates and finalizes the 5.x series. It comes with a number of
> bug fixes and a still experimental,
> but much more robust, second generation trait system - I will blog and
> document it as soon as I can find
> a moment next week.
>
> The release is "candidate" to allow for some broader testing by the
> community without requiring to download
> and compile the code. If no major issues are reported, it will become
> Final in a few weeks.
>
> Let's keep sharing, looking forward to even more exciting innovations in
> the 6.x series!
>
> Best
> Davide

Re: [rules-users] News from the community - 5.6.0.CR1 is out!

salaboy
Great work Davide! Please let me know if I can help with something!
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone

On 1 Nov 2013, at 22:51, Mark Proctor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Davide,
>
> Thank you for al your hard work on this. It’s great when community people step up to help drive the project forward.
>
> The core team won’t have time for any final QAing of this, so it’s up to the community to test this and make sure it’s ok.
>
> Good luck :)
>
> Mark
> On 1 Nov 2013, at 21:04, Davide Sottara <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Finally Drools 5.6.0.CR1 community edition has been released!
>>
>> It has been mainly a community effort, driven by the use of Drools in
>> several applications and research projects,
>> but it was possible thanks to the collaboration of the main developer's
>> team and the help of everybody
>> who reported bugs, asked for new features and contributed with patches
>> or additions.
>>
>> 5.6 consolidates and finalizes the 5.x series. It comes with a number of
>> bug fixes and a still experimental,
>> but much more robust, second generation trait system - I will blog and
>> document it as soon as I can find
>> a moment next week.
>>
>> The release is "candidate" to allow for some broader testing by the
>> community without requiring to download
>> and compile the code. If no major issues are reported, it will become
>> Final in a few weeks.
>>
>> Let's keep sharing, looking forward to even more exciting innovations in
>> the 6.x series!
>>
>> Best
>> Davide

Re: [rules-users] News from the community - 5.6.0.CR1 is out!

Alexandre Porcelli
Davide,

 Congratulations! We're lucky to have you around, are people like you that makes open source really shine!

Thanks!
---
Alexandre Porcelli

On Nov 1, 2013, at 9:50 PM, Salaboy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great work Davide! Please let me know if I can help with something!
> Cheers
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 1 Nov 2013, at 22:51, Mark Proctor <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Davide,
>>
>> Thank you for al your hard work on this. It’s great when community people step up to help drive the project forward.
>>
>> The core team won’t have time for any final QAing of this, so it’s up to the community to test this and make sure it’s ok.
>>
>> Good luck :)
>>
>> Mark
>> On 1 Nov 2013, at 21:04, Davide Sottara <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Finally Drools 5.6.0.CR1 community edition has been released!
>>>
>>> It has been mainly a community effort, driven by the use of Drools in
>>> several applications and research projects,
>>> but it was possible thanks to the collaboration of the main developer's
>>> team and the help of everybody
>>> who reported bugs, asked for new features and contributed with patches
>>> or additions.
>>>
>>> 5.6 consolidates and finalizes the 5.x series. It comes with a number of
>>> bug fixes and a still experimental,
>>> but much more robust, second generation trait system - I will blog and
>>> document it as soon as I can find
>>> a moment next week.
>>>
>>> The release is "candidate" to allow for some broader testing by the
>>> community without requiring to download
>>> and compile the code. If no major issues are reported, it will become
>>> Final in a few weeks.
>>>
>>> Let's keep sharing, looking forward to even more exciting innovations in
>>> the 6.x series!
>>>
>>> Best
>>> Davide

Re: [rules-users] News from the community - 5.6.0.CR1 is out!

calcacuervo
Thanks a lot Davide! This is really nice.
We will be using it soon and let the community know if we find something to report.

Thanks again,

Demian