[rules-users] Indicating "used" rules

andrew8666
Hello again,

Im making some kind of expert system. And now i got new problem:

User is asked sequentially for propetieries of object, than I modify object propetieries, then i call update() and fireAllRules() to check for any answers.
It is repeated for every object property till we fire rule with answer.

Now problem comes : When user decline answer we need to find another one.
But first answer will fire every time now. That's not what i need....

Making somewhere in app list of "false answers" and then striping out them on return wont work. My app flow is determined by drools rule fire - if one of "answer rules" fires i return that answer, normally i would ask another question.

I would need to indicate drools somehow to delete/deactivate that rule.

Thanks for any help.

Re: [rules-users] Indicating "used" rules

salaboy
yeah you can do that, you can write rules about rules activations with the declarative agenda feature.
Check this out:

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 4:06 PM, Andrzej Grzelak <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello again,

Im making some kind of expert system. And now i got new problem:

User is asked sequentially for propetieries of object, than I modify object propetieries, then i call update() and fireAllRules() to check for any answers.
It is repeated for every object property till we fire rule with answer.

Now problem comes : When user decline answer we need to find another one.
But first answer will fire every time now. That's not what i need....

Making somewhere in app list of "false answers" and then striping out them on return wont work. My app flow is determined by drools rule fire - if one of "answer rules" fires i return that answer, normally i would ask another question.

I would need to indicate drools somehow to delete/deactivate that rule.

Thanks for any help.

 - MyJourney @ http://salaboy.com
 - Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar

 - Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -

Re: [rules-users] Indicating "used" rules

rjr201
Could you post an example rule and some code that uses it? It'll make it easier to understand what you're trying to achieve.

Re: [rules-users] Indicating "used" rules

Davide Sottara
You might also try the new Belief System capabilities.. (JTMS and/or Defeasible), see Mark's email/blog
about how to insert "negative" or "defeated" facts

On 09/23/2013 08:18 AM, Mauricio Salatino wrote:
[...]

laune
Usually a set of rules fires all rules when you call fireAllRules. So,
what's keeping you from collecting the solutions derived from the
fired rules and presenting them in some order to the user?

If the sequental addition or update of properties is interleaved with
calls to fireAllRules I'd attach a marker object "Refused" with each
rule resulting in a solution, and set its property to true when necessary.

-W