[rules-users] FW: Need to create condition based on current date and time, start date and time, and duration

[rules-users] FW: Need to create condition based on current date and time, start date and time, and duration

Arocho, Vance A (CTR)

To be a little clearer, the current date and time needs to be within the time interval specified by the start date and time and the ‘start date and time + duration’, something like

               start-datetime <= current-datetime <= start-datetime + duration

But I’m not sure how to express the above properly. Can this be done with just one condition, or will I need two conditions?

[rules-users] StackOverflow when serializing KieBase

Federico Bertola
Hi all,
when I try to serialize a rather large KieBase I constantly get the
aforementioned error. After a bit of tracking I see that the error seems
to appear when the KnowledgeBase try to serialize the Rete object.
I belive this is not an infinite loop because it seems that the graph is
quite deep and the serializer recursively calls writeExternal in a (sort
of) depth-first fashion.

Increasing the stack size didn't really help, so I'm asking if there's a
better way or if I should give up.

Thanks :)

Federico.

Re: [rules-users] StackOverflow when serializing KieBase

Mark Proctor
It should work, there should not be too much recursion. I’d suggest digging deeper to see if you can point us to the references that are suspect.

Mark
On 30 Jul 2014, at 17:28, Federico Bertola <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> when I try to serialize a rather large KieBase I constantly get the
> aforementioned error. After a bit of tracking I see that the error seems
> to appear when the KnowledgeBase try to serialize the Rete object.
> I belive this is not an infinite loop because it seems that the graph is
> quite deep and the serializer recursively calls writeExternal in a (sort
> of) depth-first fashion.
>
> Increasing the stack size didn't really help, so I'm asking if there's a
> better way or if I should give up.
>
> Thanks :)
>
> Federico.

Re: [rules-users] StackOverflow when serializing KieBase

Federico Bertola
I'll try to investigating a bit (or at least I'll try to make something
reproducible). Meanwhile, this is the stack trace. It seems to me that
is not the case as https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-2335.
Any help is appreciated.

Federico.

stacktrace.txt (79K) Download Attachment

Re: [rules-users] StackOverflow when serializing KieBase

Mark Proctor
We will not be able to help you, without a unit test that demonstrates your problem.

Mark