[rules-users] Drools Roadmap - Planned Release 6.0.0.Final release date

[rules-users] Drools Roadmap - Planned Release 6.0.0.Final release date

Juan Ignacio Barisich-2
Hi everybody.
I need to know if is there a planned release date for Drools platform 6.0.0.Final.

Thanks
Regards

Re: [rules-users] Drools Roadmap - Planned Release 6.0.0.Final release date

salaboy
We are working hard on get it out soon, but there is no definitive date as far as I know.. Maybe early next week (??)

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 6:53 PM, Juan Ignacio Barisich <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everybody.
I need to know if is there a planned release date for Drools platform 6.0.0.Final.

Thanks
Regards

 - MyJourney @ http://salaboy.com
 - Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar

 - Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -

Re: [rules-users] Drools Roadmap - Planned Release 6.0.0.Final release date

Juan Ignacio Barisich-2
There is enough information for me.

Thanks a lot Mauricio.

2013/10/28 Mauricio Salatino <[hidden email]>
We are working hard on get it out soon, but there is no definitive date as far as I know.. Maybe early next week (??)

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 6:53 PM, Juan Ignacio Barisich <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everybody.
I need to know if is there a planned release date for Drools platform 6.0.0.Final.

Thanks
Regards

 - MyJourney @ http://salaboy.com
 - Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar

 - Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -

Re: [rules-users] Drools Roadmap - Planned Release 6.0.0.Final release date

Davide Sottara
Unfortunately this is not my main job, so I have to dedicate some of my spare time  ...

Jonathan, you mentioned a problem that (apparently) goes away with @propertyReactive,
did you find a way to reproduce it in a test case? @PR reduces the number of propagations
in the network, so I suspect it's just avoiding the problem, not removing it.
It would be good to fix the issue in the finals
Davide

On 10/28/2013 01:01 PM, Mark Proctor wrote:
[...]

Greg Barton
This seems like a recipe for trouble.  Devs could be continually working on the latest and greatest, moving on when they're "complete," but leaving releases in their wake that have failing tests.  Unreleasable releases could continually pile up.

 - MyJourney @ http://salaboy.wordpress.com/
 - Co-Founder @ http://www.jugargentina.org/
 - Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar/

 - Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -

Re: [rules-users] Drools Roadmap - Planned Release 6.0.0.Final release date

Nicolas Héron
Is there a list of tests not working available ?
I always received mails saying me jenkins build are failing in branch 5.6.x, and it points to a server which is I presume in-house .
Where are the builds for all those branches ?
Thanks
Nicolas

Nicolas Héron

Re: [rules-users] Drools Roadmap - Planned Release 6.0.0.Final release date

Davide Sottara
The release had been blocked by a few guvnor-related tests, but they should have been fixed this very morning.

Since there won't be a 5.7, 5.6 will be released as 5.6.CR1 to allow for another couple of weeks of testing
from the community, so everybody will have time to post last-minute bugs and fixes :)

I'll work with Mario tonight (US time) to make sure that the JIRA list is up-to-date, in terms of bugs
fixed and tickets closed:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/DROOLS

Davide

On 10/28/2013 02:38 PM, Nicolas Héron wrote:
Hi,
[...]

laune
On 28/10/2013, Mark Proctor <[hidden email]> wrote:
> We didn’t leave it broken, it got broke over time, via community pull
> requests.

Please explain how a released x.y.z-Final can "break over time".

-W

Re: [rules-users] Drools Roadmap - Planned Release 6.0.0.Final release date

Mark Proctor
A branch is made, 5.x. Core engineers are now focusing on master, but 5.x continues to receive pull requests from community; for things they need - both bug fixes and features. Some of those things introduce new bugs or regressions, those things must be fixed for 5.6 final.

Mark