how to debug rules in JBoss AS?

Marina-6
Hello,
I know one can debug rules (put breakpoints in .drl and ruleflow files) when running/debugging an application as a Drools  Application.
However, I would like to debug rules when my application is running in JBoss AS - just like we do a normal debugging of a Remote application running in a different JVM ,by enabling the JDWP on the server (-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=n) and then connecting to the specified port.
Basically, I would like to be able to debug both my Java classes and rules together. Is it possible?

thanks,
Marina

Re: how to debug rules in JBoss AS?

Marina-6
Hi,
I haven't heard back , so I wonder if this means that this kind of debugging is not possible?
thanks!
Marina

Re: how to debug rules in JBoss AS?

Pavel Tavoda
You described it well. Did you tried it? It should work. Doesn't
matter where are you connected (local JVM or remote JVM). Debugging
should work same way.

Pavel

2010/7/16 Marina <[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
> I know one can debug rules (put breakpoints in .drl and ruleflow files) when
> running/debugging an application as a Drools  Application.
> However, I would like to debug rules when my application is running in JBoss
> AS - just like we do a normal debugging of a Remote application running in a
> different JVM ,by enabling the JDWP on the server
> (-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=n) and then
> connecting to the specified port.
> Basically, I would like to be able to debug both my Java classes and rules
> together. Is it possible?
>
> thanks,
> Marina

Re: how to debug rules in JBoss AS?

mredhat
Trying to do the same here with Drools 5.2, executing rules from SOA 5.2 platform, and also am not able to debug an individual rule.  Have even added dialect "mvel" to the rule as this was a fix for rules when debugging in the same jvm.  Anyone out there find a resolve?