how to create kbases with useful names for JMX

how to create kbases with useful names for JMX

cjohns13
How can I create new container / knowledgebases so that the names as shown in JMX are not random UUID() strings?

Something like this currently:
KieContainer container = KieServices.Factory.get().newKieContainer(releaseId);
container.newKieSession("myName");

When you enable mbeans via Kie.mbeans.enabled=true

Yields, in JMX:

objectName: org.drools.kbases:type=2d4ffdab-2aca-4d5d-8c44-a5031c4d4094

but, would rather have it be
org.drools.kbases:type=myName

How can I create the container/kbase/session so it gets a good name, as it stands now?  I can see in KnowledgeBaseFactoryServiceImpl.java that there is a way to set this kbaseId, but can't figure out a way to actually set this at the high level.

Re: [rules-users] how to create kbases with useful names for JMX

Edson Tirelli-4
   Christopher,

   Thanks for reporting this. The public API does not currently allows
users to set the ID of the KieBase unfortunately. I will fix this for
6.1. With 6.0, it is only possible to do it using the internal APIs.

   Edson

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 4:37 PM, cjohns13
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> How can I create new container / knowledgebases so that the names as shown in
> JMX are not random UUID() strings?
>
> Something like this currently:
> KieContainer container =
> KieServices.Factory.get().newKieContainer(releaseId);
> container.newKieSession("myName");
>
> When you enable mbeans via Kie.mbeans.enabled=true
>
> Yields, in JMX:
>
> objectName: org.drools.kbases:type=2d4ffdab-2aca-4d5d-8c44-a5031c4d4094
>
> but, would rather have it be
> org.drools.kbases:type=myName
>
> How can I create the container/kbase/session so it gets a good name, as it
> stands now?  I can see in KnowledgeBaseFactoryServiceImpl.java that there is
> a way to set this kbaseId, but can't figure out a way to actually set this
> at the high level.

  Edson Tirelli
  Principal Software Engineer
  Red Hat Business Systems and Intelligence Group