drools flow - how to crate a human task form?

drools flow - how to crate a human task form?

gs76pl
hi,

What is the best way of creating some UI for human tasks with an input form? I've a sample process with a human task that should update some values in the process. I had a look into API of a task and the only thing i can find there is 'content' which i'm not really sure about (is it the place where for instance HTML UI should be created?) Is there any way to create this form with some additional actions like : claim/fail etc?

Re: drools flow - how to crate a human task form?

Esteban
The Human Task API gives you all the things you need to create your custom UI. It doesn't provide any way to create it though.
You can choose the best technology/framework for you UI and then use the APIs to retrieve, complete, etc. your tasks.

Best Regards,

Esteban Aliverti
- Developer @ http://www.plugtree.com
- Blog @ http://ilesteban.wordpress.com

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 10:26 AM, gs76pl <[hidden email]> wrote:

hi,

What is the best way of creating some UI for human tasks with an input form?
I've a sample process with a human task that should update some values in
the process. I had a look into API of a task and the only thing i can find
there is 'content' which i'm not really sure about (is it the place where
for instance HTML UI should be created?) Is there any way to create this
form with some additional actions like : claim/fail etc?

Re: drools flow - how to crate a human task form?

salaboy
Hi there, you can find an example that Esteban and I created using the Human Task APIs inside a Swing UI for a stand alone app.
Take a look at the code here:
https://github.com/Salaboy/emergency-service-drools-app/
The UI code it's pretty messy right now, we are working to refactor it to clean it up, but you can get an idea about how to build your own UIs using that as example.
Greetings.

2011/2/4 Esteban Aliverti <[hidden email]>
[...]

 - CTO @ http://www.plugtree.com
 - Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar

 - Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -

can you give me any example of such UI technology?

gs76pl
Sorry but what i meant is some existing framework that would provide me with a rendering functionality out of the box (as you said some web/swing application)

Re: drools flow - how to crate a human task form?

salaboy
Do you want a framework that provides render the User Interfaces?
Most of them provide the render automatically, but you need to code your screens.
Do you want a framework that generates the User Tasks automatically?

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 11:24 AM, gs76pl <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sorry but what i meant is some existing framework that would provide me with
a rendering functionality out of the box (as you said some web/swing
application)

 - CTO @ http://www.plugtree.com
 - Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar

 - Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -

Re: drools flow - how to crate a human task form?

gs76pl
i'm only interested in a task rendering framework. i've been looking into gwt-console but:
1. it looks very very basic
2. i've not been able to get an access to any task so far
3. i'm not sure where i could find some sample screen definitions

Re: drools flow - how to crate a human task form?

yoganand
Hi salaboy,

I want to change the css properties of the ftl files generated by Guvnor( I'm using JBPM 5.2 installer s/w).
Is there any way to change the css properties of ftl files generated  by Guvnor Oryx designer?

And also i want to know the folder location (in jbpm 5.2 installer software) where these ftl files are stored by Guvnor when we click on  "Generate Task Form Template" link in the Guvnor-Oryx Designer.

please suggest me if there any way to modify the ftl files and its css properties.

Thanks
yoganand