Usage of the jcr2vfs migration tool

dstern
Are there instructions anywhere for using the jcr2vfs migration tool?

I pruned my JCR repository (created under Guvnor 5.6.0.Final) until the migration tool ran without error (which meant archiving all my brl format assets among other things) but I'm not sure what to do with the output.

I copied the contents of outputVfs to my existing .niogit folder (leaving the .niogit generated by the migration tool alone) but the migrated repository doesn't show up.  Is this because I didn't replace my existing .niogit with the one generated by the tool?

Re: Usage of the jcr2vfs migration tool

skipatdb
I have looked for these instructions also, and have never been able to find them.

When I run the migration tool, I get no results. When I go in and add a stack trace to Jcr2VfsMigrationApp,
I then get the following:

C:\z\drools-wb\drools-wb-jcr2vfs-migration\drools-wb-jcr2vfs-migration-core\targ
et\drools-wb-jcr2vfs-migration-core-6.2.0-SNAPSHOT\drools-wb-jcr2vfs-migration-c
ore-6.2.0-SNAPSHOT\bin>runMigration -h
org.jboss.weld.exceptions.DeploymentException: Exception List with 2 exceptions:

Exception 0 :
org.jboss.weld.exceptions.DeploymentException: WELD-001408 Unsatisfied dependenc
ies for type [RefactoringQueryService] with qualifiers [@Default] at injection p
oint [[field] @Inject private org.kie.workbench.common.screens.datamodeller.back
end.server.DataModelerServiceImpl.queryService]
        at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.Validator.validateInjectionPoint(Validator.j
ava:315)
        at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.Validator.validateInjectionPoint(Validator.j
ava:284)
        at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.Validator.validateBean(Validator.java:147)
        at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.Validator.validateRIBean(Validator.java:167)

        at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.Validator.validateBeans(Validator.java:386)
        at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.Validator.validateDeployment(Validator.java:
371)
        at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.WeldBootstrap.validateBeans(WeldBootstrap.ja
va:379)
        at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.api.helpers.ForwardingBootstrap.validateBean
s(ForwardingBootstrap.java:85)
        at org.jboss.weld.environment.se.Weld.initialize(Weld.java:136)
        at org.drools.workbench.jcr2vfsmigration.Jcr2VfsMigrationApp.startUp(Jcr
2VfsMigrationApp.java:78)
        at org.drools.workbench.jcr2vfsmigration.Jcr2VfsMigrationApp.run(Jcr2Vfs
MigrationApp.java:51)
        at org.drools.workbench.jcr2vfsmigration.Jcr2VfsMigrationApp.main(Jcr2Vf
sMigrationApp.java:37)
Exception 0 :
org.jboss.weld.exceptions.DeploymentException: WELD-001408 Unsatisfied dependenc
ies for type [RefactoringQueryService] with qualifiers [@Default] at injection p
oint [[field] @Inject private org.kie.workbench.common.services.backend.rulename
.RuleNameServiceImpl.queryService]
[...]

        at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.Validator.validateBeans(Validator.java:398)
        at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.Validator.validateDeployment(Validator.java:
371)
        at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.WeldBootstrap.validateBeans(WeldBootstrap.ja
va:379)
        at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.api.helpers.ForwardingBootstrap.validateBean
s(ForwardingBootstrap.java:85)
        at org.jboss.weld.environment.se.Weld.initialize(Weld.java:136)
        at org.drools.workbench.jcr2vfsmigration.Jcr2VfsMigrationApp.startUp(Jcr
2VfsMigrationApp.java:78)
        at org.drools.workbench.jcr2vfsmigration.Jcr2VfsMigrationApp.run(Jcr2Vfs
MigrationApp.java:51)
        at org.drools.workbench.jcr2vfsmigration.Jcr2VfsMigrationApp.main(Jcr2Vf
sMigrationApp.java:37)

It has been frustrating.

Did you finish your migration?  Any thoughts or wisdom you can share will be most welcome.

Thanks,
Skip