PDFs of Drools 5.2.final: pictures too big

PDFs of Drools 5.2.final: pictures too big

itchupe
Hello there

I wanted to print the documentation but the pictures are a too big to fit in the page (some content cut off). Is the pdf official and could you maybe adjust the pics?
Or do i need to use the html-version?

(one index of pdf was really small, need to check which one if interested.)

cheers
marianna

Re: [rules-users] PDFs of Drools 5.2.final: pictures too big

ge0ffrey
Administrator
Use the html version at this time.

It's a known issue in of the pressgang-styles

https://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/pressgang/pressgang-tools/trunk/pressgang-xslt-ns/
and there's a jira of it, but no fix yet.

Op 18-07-11 18:16, itchupe schreef:

> Hello there
>
> I wanted to print the documentation but the pictures are a too big to fit in
> the page (some content cut off). Is the pdf official and could you maybe
> adjust the pics?
> Or do i need to use the html-version?
>
> (one index of pdf was really small, need to check which one if interested.)
>

> cheers
> marianna

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

Re: [rules-users] PDFs of Drools 5.2.final: pictures too big

manstis
The PDF is generated from DocBook source, as is the "HTML" and "HTML single" versions of the documentation.

There are some known compile-time issues scaling the images correctly for the PDF.

Feel free to either:-

(a) Fix the image scaling yourself and contribute back to the project

(b) Attach a list of all affected images (what user-guide, what section, what image etc) to a JIRA for us to eventually look at.

With kind regards,

Mike

On 18 July 2011 17:16, itchupe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello there

I wanted to print the documentation but the pictures are a too big to fit in
the page (some content cut off). Is the pdf official and could you maybe
adjust the pics?
Or do i need to use the html-version?

(one index of pdf was really small, need to check which one if interested.)

cheers
marianna

Re: [rules-users] PDFs of Drools 5.2.final: pictures too big

itchupe
Okay, thank you for your answers. I did not realise it's a known issue, sorry about that.
I'll see what I can do.

thanx and cheers.

Re: [rules-users] PDFs of Drools 5.2.final: pictures too big

manstis
Marianna,

That's alright, we can't expect everybody to know every issue we have.

What's nicer is if community members want to help resolve some ;)

With kind regards,

Mike

On 19 July 2011 09:46, itchupe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Okay, thank you for your answers. I did not realise it's a known issue, sorry
about that.
I'll see what I can do.

thanx and cheers.

Re: [rules-users] PDFs of Drools 5.2.final: pictures too big

itchupe
hi again

could you maybe please point me to the JIRA that I could do (b)?

(b) Attach a list of all affected images (what user-guide, what section, what image etc) to a JIRA for us to eventually look at.

(not quite ready & setup for (a) yet)

kind regards

Re: [rules-users] PDFs of Drools 5.2.final: pictures too big

manstis
Sure,

If the documents containing the issues relate to Expert, Fusion etc then: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES

Otherwise if the document relates to Guvnor: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/GUVNOR

On 19 July 2011 10:07, itchupe <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi again

could you maybe please point me to the JIRA that I could do (b)?

(b) Attach a list of all affected images (what user-guide, what section,
what image etc) to a JIRA for us to eventually look at.

(not quite ready & setup for (a) yet)

kind regards

Re: [rules-users] PDFs of Drools 5.2.final: pictures too big

ge0ffrey
Administrator
Let's not waste time fixing this image by image.
It should be done in the docbook style, here's the issue:
    https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JDOCBOOKSTYLE-19
    Documentation: large images should scale to print for PDF output
I 'll process any patch to fix that :)

Op 19-07-11 11:07, itchupe schreef:

> hi again
>
> could you maybe please point me to the JIRA that I could do (b)?
>
> (b) Attach a list of all affected images (what user-guide, what section,
> what image etc) to a JIRA for us to eventually look at.
>
> (not quite ready&  setup for (a) yet)
>
> kind regards

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

Re: [rules-users] PDFs of Drools 5.2.final: pictures too big

manstis
+1

On 19 July 2011 10:35, Geoffrey De Smet <[hidden email]> wrote:
Let's not waste time fixing this image by image.
It should be done in the docbook style, here's the issue:
   https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JDOCBOOKSTYLE-19
   Documentation: large images should scale to print for PDF output
I 'll process any patch to fix that :)

Op 19-07-11 11:07, itchupe schreef:
> hi again
>
> could you maybe please point me to the JIRA that I could do (b)?
>
> (b) Attach a list of all affected images (what user-guide, what section,
> what image etc) to a JIRA for us to eventually look at.
>
> (not quite ready&  setup for (a) yet)
>
> kind regards

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

Re: [rules-users] PDFs of Drools 5.2.final: pictures too big

ge0ffrey
Administrator
This is fixed now, automatically by the styles and not a image by image basis.

Op 19-07-11 11:40, Michael Anstis schreef:
+1

On 19 July 2011 10:35, Geoffrey De Smet <[hidden email]> wrote:
Let's not waste time fixing this image by image.
It should be done in the docbook style, here's the issue:
   https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JDOCBOOKSTYLE-19
   Documentation: large images should scale to print for PDF output
I 'll process any patch to fix that :)

Op 19-07-11 11:07, itchupe schreef:
> hi again
>
> could you maybe please point me to the JIRA that I could do (b)?
>
> (b) Attach a list of all affected images (what user-guide, what section,
> what image etc) to a JIRA for us to eventually look at.
>
> (not quite ready&  setup for (a) yet)
>
> kind regards

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet