Is drools the solution for my requirement.

Is drools the solution for my requirement.

nitind
Hi,

   We have 200 odd rules to be configured and wanted to know if drools can be the optimum solutions. The rules are broadly classified into 2 categories

      example 1 :  We need to compare invoice no value in 10 documents and if it matches perform A if it does not match perform B
                          The catch is the 10 different document may not have the same Keyword i.e. Invoice no, instead it can Bill no, Invoice number, Bill #, Inv etc.

      example 2 :  Search for Key word like Ferrari, BMW , if found need to check if the individual is Authorized agent.

            Question : Can the above be implement using Drools, second is it worth the effort or just code if else in Java and get it done.

          Thanks in advance.

Regards
Nitin

Re: [rules-users] Is drools the solution for my requirement.

salaboy
It all depends on how often those rules will change and how often you will add new ones.
It is also important to understand if the business users wants to see the rules and understand what is going on, or everything will be hidden?

From the maintainance point of view, the rules can help you out if the logic chances periodically.

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 1:40 PM, nitind <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

   We have 200 odd rules to be configured and wanted to know if drools can
be the optimum solutions. The rules are broadly classified into 2 categories

      example 1 :  We need to compare invoice no value in 10 documents and
if it matches perform A if it does not match perform B
                          The catch is the 10 different document may not
have the same Keyword i.e. Invoice no, instead it can Bill no, Invoice
number, Bill #, Inv etc.

      example 2 :  Search for Key word like Ferrari, BMW , if found need to
check if the individual is Authorized agent.

            Question : Can the above be implement using Drools, second is it
worth the effort or just code if else in Java and get it done.

          Thanks in advance.

Regards
Nitin

 - MyJourney @ http://salaboy.com
 - Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar

 - Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -

Re: [rules-users] Is drools the solution for my requirement.

laune
What sort of data structure is "document"? How is the "individual"
found in the document? How are "authorized agents" available to the
app?

-W

On 27/08/2013, nitind <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    We have 200 odd rules to be configured and wanted to know if drools can
> be the optimum solutions. The rules are broadly classified into 2
> categories
>
>       example 1 :  We need to compare invoice no value in 10 documents and
> if it matches perform A if it does not match perform B
>                           The catch is the 10 different document may not
> have the same Keyword i.e. Invoice no, instead it can Bill no, Invoice
> number, Bill #, Inv etc.
>
>       example 2 :  Search for Key word like Ferrari, BMW , if found need to
> check if the individual is Authorized agent.
>
>             Question : Can the above be implement using Drools, second is
> it
> worth the effort or just code if else in Java and get it done.
>
>           Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards
> Nitin

Re: [rules-users] Is drools the solution for my requirement.

nitind
Thanks for the reply, so like invoice no check the rule might further have sub rule  and some of them might be periodically changed or added.

Another point I got from your revert was on the Client access. So is it possible with drools to have a UI for End users where they can configure their own rules ?

Also do u see feasability to implement my example.

Thanks once again for taking time.

Re: [rules-users] Is drools the solution for my requirement.

nitind
Hi, So these values will be available in our database it would be normal database datatypes.

 How is the "individual" found in the document?
IT would be part of the source that we are required to verify, it will be available as input to the program.

 How are "authorized agents" available to the
app?

This would be static data and list would be provided.

Thanks for the revert.

On 28/08/2013, nitind <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi, So these values will be available in our database it would be normal
> database datatypes.

That's just like saying "it can be any type" and doesn't tell me
anything. Is the "document" one big gob of characters, or structured?
If so, is there a single field that you need to compare with "invoice
no"? If not, what is?

>  How is the "individual" found in the document?
> IT would be part of the source that we are required to verify, it will be
> available as input to the program.

Very funny - I wouldn't have thought that.

>  How are "authorized agents" available to the
> app?
>
> This would be static data and list would be provided.

OK.

-W