Integrating custom UI with drools rule engine

Integrating custom UI with drools rule engine

ashish6276
I need to integrate the Custom Ui with Drools engine(Guvnor).we need to create rules input from UI (jsp) and integrate into Guvnor so that click of event rules defined in UI will add to guvnor?

Re: [rules-users] Integrating custom UI with drools rule engine

salaboy
Ok, so you will need to elaborate a little bit more, so we can help you.
The Drools Engine is not Guvnor. The Drools Engine is Drools Expert and Guvnor is a Rules/Knowledge Assets Repository.
I'm guessing that you have your own rules authoring environment and you want to "deploy" the rule to the Knowledge Repository (Guvnor) is that right? I guess that you can use the REST APIs for doing that. Guvnor Team, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Best regards

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 9:49 AM, ashish6276 <[hidden email]> wrote:
I need to integrate the Custom Ui with Drools engine(Guvnor).we need to
create rules input from UI (jsp) and integrate into Guvnor so that click of
event rules defined in UI will add to guvnor?

 - MyJourney @ http://salaboy.com
 - Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar

 - Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -

I am creating UI which will take input for condition and Action. That input shoule be indesatndable by guvnor so that we can add one rule in it.
My question is which format the inputof Ui should be converted so that Guvnor can understand and rules can be added

Re: [rules-users] Integrating custom UI with drools rule engine

salaboy
if you are using Guvnor 5.5 the rules are being stored in both: DRL and BRL format.
I would recommend you to go with a simple DRL format, which is plain text with valid rules in it.

HTH