Eclipse Debugging Drl file

retto
Hello,

I read related section from the documentation. But, I can not debug Drl file as shown in docs.
I tried various eclipse version, But I could not achieve.

Here is my current configurations: on windows OS
1.  eclipse-SDK-3.6.2-win32-x86_64 (Helios)
2. Eclipse plug-in version update site: JBoss Tools - http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/stable/helios/
I installed
1. Drools Core
2. Drools Guvnor
3. Drools Task plugins.
All have version is 5.2.1 final
3. Drools version: drools-distribution-5.3.0.Final

Also, my previous configuration can not debug drl file.
Which are all eclipse galileo and related stable jboss tools and 5.3.0.Final distribution.

I can run and debug java files. I can listen debug listeners. But, I could not debug a drl file.

Thanks for your time

Re: Eclipse Debugging Drl file

retto
Hello Again,

Does anybody post its windows working configuration?

Thanks in advance

Re: Eclipse Debugging Drl file

vicianm
I have the same problem. DRL debugging simply does not work.

I tried it on Eclipse 3.7 and event on Eclipse 4.2 (Juno) with both Drools 5.0 and Drools 5.4.
I also checked Eclipse logs, but did not found anything which would point to debugging issue.

Any suggestions?

Re: Eclipse Debugging Drl file

benq2188
Hello,

I faced with the same problem. Breakpoints are not being hit by debugger. I
have Eclipse SDK version: 4.2.1 and went through the reference manual of
Drools and followed each step carefully.

-Installed GEF
- Downloaded drools-distribution-5.4.0.Final.zip
-Unzipped it into Eclipse main folder
-Restarted Eclipse
-Defined run time based on the latest Drools project jars included in the
plugin
itself.
-Created Drools Project
-Created new launch configuration for Drools Application.
-Put a breakpoint in the helloworld simple project on the first line of the
section "then".

When I debug it as Drools Application, debugger stops in Java breakpoints
but doesn't stop in drl rule.

Any solutions, how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Eclipse Debugging Drl file

cocoa@gmx.ch
Same problem here. Debugging DRL files does not work. It did work some time ago (1-2 years ago, older plug-in versions, older eclipse).

Eclipse 4.2.0 (Juno) + JBoss Drools Core 5.4.0.Final.

Regards,
Simon

Re: Eclipse Debugging Drl file

cocoa@gmx.ch
debugging works if I set the dialect to MVEL. Debugging Java consequences still does not work.