Drools and Java 1.8

laune
The error message from 6.1.0.CR1 is clear: "Unable to resolve class
'dynop.Main$$Lambda$1/20003005" in ClassFieldAccessorCache.

Is the support for Java lambdas on the Drools roadmap?

Regards
Wolfgng

Re: Drools and Java 1.8

Mark Proctor
At some point yes, we don’t have any timelines for it yet.

Relate to this, our current priority is a new low level executable model, that facilities java8 written fluent rules.
http://blog.athico.com/2014/07/drools-executable-model.html

Mark
On 20 Aug 2014, at 12:48, Wolfgang Laun <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The error message from 6.1.0.CR1 is clear: "Unable to resolve class
> 'dynop.Main$$Lambda$1/20003005" in ClassFieldAccessorCache.
>
> Is the support for Java lambdas on the Drools roadmap?
>
> Regards
> Wolfgng

Re: Drools and Java 1.8

laune
On 20 August 2014 18:03, Mark Proctor <[hidden email]> wrote:
> At some point yes, we don't have any timelines for it yet.
>
> Relate to this, our current priority is a new low level executable model, that facilities java8 written fluent rules.
> http://blog.athico.com/2014/07/drools-executable-model.html

I'll look at that. - Cartesian products combined with sets of filters
can be written quite nicely in pure Java - an alternative to certain
(simple) rule patterns?!

-W